God does not speak to the hurried, worried mind. It takes time alone with Him and His Word before we can expect our spiritual strength to recover.
We all have had an overactive mind at one time or another. Meditation, yoga, and mindfulness can help you clear your mind and calm your thoughts. It is important to make time to clear our minds and bring some peace into our lives. A quiet mind is developed through practice.
Mindfulness is one effective practice that helps to relax the mind and body. According to Jeffrey Brantley, M.D., and Wendy Millstine, NC, in their book Daily Meditations for Calming Your Anxious Mind, mindfulness is:
” … an awareness that is sensitive, open, kind, gentle and curious. Mindfulness is a basic human capacity. It arises from paying attention on purpose in a way that is nonjudging, friendly and does not try to add or subtract anything from whatever is happening.”
1. Everything is created twice, first in the mind and then in reality. So pay close attention to the thoughts you choose. They have a way of becoming real.
2. There is absolutely nothing about your present circumstances that prevents you from making progress, one step at a time.
3. Worry, and you get what you worry about. Work, and you get what you work for. It’s often just that simple.
4. You can’t let one bad moment spoil a bunch of good ones. Don’t let the silly little dramas of each day get you down.
5. Happiness is allowing yourself to be perfectly OK with ‘what is,’ rather than wishing for and worrying about ‘what is not.’ ‘What is’ is what’s supposed to be, or it would not be. The rest is just you, arguing with life.
6. Frustration and stress come from the way you react, not the way things are. Adjust your attitude today, and the frustration and stress is gone.
7. Be positive and smile right now, not because everything is good, but because you can see the good side of everything.
8. Lies only exist if you believe in them. The truth shall indeed set you free in the end. Whenever negativity creeps into your mind, ask yourself: Is it true? Can I be 100% certain that it’s true? (And then let the lies GO!)
9. No book is just one chapter. No chapter tells the whole story. No mistake defines who we are. Keep turning the pages that need to be turned.
10. Remember, letting go isn’t about having the courage to release the past; it’s about having the wisdom and strength to embrace the present.
(Visit us at www.mysticaltalk.com.)
Originally posted 2012-08-22 09:30:00. Republished by Blog Post Promoter