Thanksgiving is all about family and friends, coming together, celebrating the grateful feelings that we have in our hearts and all the blessings we have received throughout the year. It is special for everyone. You don’t have to believe in any particular religious creed to express gratitude for all the good in your life. Thanksgiving is also the holiday dedicated to eating food. The turkey is the main attraction, usually accompanied by stuffing, cranberry sauce, a green been casserole, creamy mashed potatoes and gravy, a fancy Jello salad, and is usually followed by a slice of pumpkin pie.
Thanksgiving is the day for giving thanks. Here is a list of our top 15 reasons for which we are thankful.
1) Freedom Despite frustration with politics. I’m thankful to be living in the U.S. I’m very thankful for the men and women — and their families — serving in our military.
2) Friends and family. I’m thankful for new relationships and connections this past year — both online and right here at home. Of course, I love my long-time friendships as well.
3) Healthy Children. Children from families who eat together on a regular basis are more likely to have family support, positive peer influences, and positive role models. The world of tomorrow will inherit the children of today.
4) Nature. I’m thankful for the beautiful world around me — for the changing seasons, the brilliant colors, the promise of coming spring.
5) Finding money in your pocket. Money that hasn’t been budgeted for, remembered, or owed. It is disposable income in the truest sense of the phrase.
6) A pet. Having a pet helps you stay connected to life. They are great companions and the perfect best friend. They are always around when you need them and provide constant and loving companionship. They ask for very little in return, they just want to be where you are.
7) Your health, even on days when it isn’t perfect. Being healthy means that your body is functioning as it should, without pain or discomfort. When we are in good health, we can enjoy all the good things in life, in moderation, without guilt or shame.
8) Your support system. It can be people at work, at home or spread out all over the country. Knowing there are people who are there for you can make all the difference. They are people who will lift you up and give you whatever you need with only a moment’s notice.
9) The healing power of music. Music has the power to heal and to join people together in peace. The spirit of music is within us all. Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
10) Laughter. It makes us happy and healthy. Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hopes, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded. Nothing diffuses anger and conflict faster than a shared laugh.
11) Desserts. To live without them is to live in a colorless world. Eating desserts means that you have a good sense of what you want. We feel like we are feeding our soul with food that makes us feel like we’ve finally found Heaven. Desserts make life more enjoyable.
12) Police Officers, Firefighters, and all First Responders. These brave men and women risk their lives daily to save the lives of others. They work long and crazy hours around the clock, and rush to scenes helping complete strangers without thinking twice. They put themselves on the front line of dangerous and traumatic events every day.
13) Love. Love is accepting difference. It is letting each one be who they are without fear of censure. Love is an unselfish, loyal concern for the good of another. It is a wonderful feeling.
14) Good food and Clean Water. Good food gives us the energy we need to survive. Fresh water is one of our most vital resources. The quality of our water is directly linked to the quality of our lives. Without good food and clean water, the body cannot grow or perform at its best, our organs stop working, and the body eventually dies. We are blessed to have the best of both.
15) Money. Money is great because it means that life is not a constant effort at keeping our heads above water. When we have money, we are able to live life to the fullest, enjoy adventures, and make the most out of life.
We at www.mysticaltalk.com are grateful to people who make us happy. Happy Thanksgiving, My Friends.